Pages

Saturday 25 April 2009

Scallops with Chorizo and Minted Pea Puree


Yet another post with mention of scallops - the third in as many weeks I think. Read about a restaurant version or a Caldesi / Merlotti recipe here!

As mentioned, I have grown to love these little sea-things, but only after training myself and making it three times in a week initially so I'd get to know them! I'm still working on the coral but now love the white meat! This was one of my first recipes and, I think, still the most tasty! It's simple - pan-fried scallops, minted-pea puree and fried chorizo. I never said it was going to be 'all-out' healthy!

For the minted pea puree, simply blanche some frozen peas, add a dollop of creme fraiche, a little chicken or vegetable stock, salt, pepper and fresh mint (even mint sauce will work!) and blitz with a blender - easy. Re-heat on the hob, or even in the microwave.
Cube the chorizo in small pieces and fry off in olive oil, leaving the juices in the pan. Use these to fry the scallops, about 2/3 minutes each side in a hot pan. Just before they're ready, add the chorizo pieces to re-heat.

Place each scallop on a dollop of the puree and 'sprinkle' the chorizo over! Pour the pan juices over the whole plate and serve. So simple and yet great flavours and, despite the spicy rich chorizo, it's still the scallops who shine through!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Would love to hear your thoughts and ideas!
Merlotti x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.