Pages

Tuesday 10 February 2009

Mediterranean Chicken

Just a quick post tonight - last night's tea was also a quickie, as I had school-work to do!

Mediterranean Chicken



A friend suggested I do this recipe when I asked what i could do with chicken and tomatoes - her version was 'cheesy chicken' but I've sorted of added to it as I've gone along! You can serve with rice or potatoes, but it's usually enough on its own!
The chicken, if you remember, is the chicken I was going to use to test the Thai green curry paste, but forgot and had put them in this before I'd remembered!

Chicken Breast
Can of tomatoes
Bottom of the fridge veg, incl celery
Herbs
Cheese


Pan fry the chicken until browned, then leave to one side.
Fry off all the vegetables: they don't need to be cooked through, just browned off really and given a head start! I always use celery and something oniony, but again, it is really whatever you have rolling around in the bottom of the fridge. Last night I used celery, leeks, shredded cabbage, pepper and onion.
Pour over the can of tomatoes - add a dollop of tomato puree if you have any in the cupboard, and/or a splash of red wine!
Mix in the herbs and pop in oven til the vegetables are nearly cooked through.
Add the chicken and return to the oven until the chicken is just cooked.
Sprinkle grated cheese over the top and brown.
Serve hot!


(The pictures don't actually do this justice - despite being a little 'crispy' around the edges, the veg. still had some bite to it rather than being soggy! Think I need a new oven!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Would love to hear your thoughts and ideas!
Merlotti x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.