Pages

Thursday 18 June 2009

Lamb Kofta-Kebabs

So this is something I decided that if I couldn't do in the wok, I could attempt on the raclette grill! It was a Merlotti recipe made up from a bit of everything!

Lamb Mince
Chopped mint
Chopped chives
Finely chopped onions
Cumin seeds
Sprinkle of chilli powder
Salt and pepper


It's so simple - basically, mix all the above ingredients together to taste, wrap around a wooden skewer and fry on high heat to brown. then turn down the heat to cook though. Serve with fresh salad - mine was a mix from the garden, including Nasturtiums, which I know aren't traditional but are tasty! I also combined chopped mint, chives, lemon juice salt and pepper with creme fraiche for a tasty sauce.


Serve in a warmed pitta bread with salad and a dollop of the sauce!

3 comments:

  1. Lamb Kebab is one of my favorite too. Very clever idea of grilling your kebab on the raclette grill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look good - can't beat a Lamb Kebab. I'm intrigued by the 'Flower Petals' - are they Nasturtiums?
    What do they taste like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan - yeah they are, from the garden! They were nice, quite a sweet flavour. I know they don't 'go' with lamb kebabs but they were ready to eat so...they went in and tasted good!

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Would love to hear your thoughts and ideas!
Merlotti x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.