Pages

Monday 14 June 2010

Jamie’s Tomato and Chorizo Salad

I’ve been desperate to try this recipe for ages and despite the ingredients list being pretty short and everyday items, I still hadn’t got round to it. So, with several spring lamb cutlets from Allen's, and the requisite items, I finally began the making! Easy and quick, with beautiful, fresh ingredients; you really couldn't ask for a more summery accompaniment!

SDC12340

You need:

chorizo sausage (raw)

ripe tomatoes – roughly chopped

cherry tomatoes, halved

spring onions or shallots

salt and pepper

olive oil

sherry vinegar (though I used red wine)

fresh flat-leaved parsley

garlic

I haven’t included quantities as I feel it really is a ‘throw it all in’ type salad so use the quantities you fancy! It’s basically a combination of ingredients with a vinaigrette dressing, but the flavours combine so well, you can’t go wrong!

Fry the slice chorizo with olive oil. Stir and   leave to crisp while you prepare your tomatoes and spring onions.

Put them into a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper, olive oil and a splash of vinegar. Sprinkle over the chopped parsley, toss together, and leave to the side. I actually left this overnight and the flavours infused lovelyly!

If the chorizo is getting crispy and fatty (in a good way!), add you sliced garlic. As soon as you can smell it, and before it burns, (a fine line, I can tell you) remove the pan from the heat and add a splash of vinegar to stop the cooking process. Spoon the sausage and its oil over the tomatoes.

SDC12339

Toss and serve immediately. while the chorizo is still hot. Jamie suggests you serve with some nuggets of goats’ cheese and a few slices of pata negra ham, or do what I did and use as a summery salad to accompany cooked or barbequed meat! Perfect for a summer’s day!

2 comments:

  1. Had this last night with some ham and crusty bread (oh and a few chips!)Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so wonderful. I was watching you roll pasta, I was wondering,first of do you have a recipe for pasta? And 2 I cznt find where you have the pasta shaping. Can you help me with that

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Would love to hear your thoughts and ideas!
Merlotti x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.