Pages

Tuesday 10 March 2009

Green Thai Curry

A couple of weeks ago I had a rather mad cooking day; one of the things I attempted for the first time was a Green Thai Curry paste so I could cook my own green curry. Well, I finally got round to making the curry, so here it is...

Thai Green Curry

onion - sliced
green pepper -sliced
thai creen curry paste
chicken breast - cubed
can coconut milk
olive oil

First, fry off the onion and peppers in a little oil. You can add anything else at this stage - courgette, for example.
When beginning to get soft, transfer to a bowl.
Add however much of the paste you'd like to a large glug of hot olive oil. I used a good two tablespoons.
Fry off until the aroma is released, then add the cubed chicken.
Brown the chicken, return the vegetables to the pan and add a tin of coconut milk.
Simmer until the chicken is cooked.

Serve with boiled rice, or jasmine rice if you can be bothered!

4 comments:

  1. mmmmm I Love Thai Green curry, I make it pretty reguarly (It's a nice credit crunch dish - Makes enough for 2 people, for 2 nights.) The recipe I use is Nigel Slater's from his 'Real Food' recipe book - it's cracking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to add - your recipe (especially the paste) is very similiar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good effort, always worth making your own paste. You can always use it to make soups and fried rice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is that you have on the side, a bread of some sort?

    I think the secret ingredient in Thai curries is shrimp paste - ungodly stinky, but so delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,
Would love to hear your thoughts and ideas!
Merlotti x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.