Pages

Thursday 26 March 2009

New Kitchen

Ok - I've been so busy trying to sort out a new kitchen this week that I haven't had time to cook. Getting home late, meeting the builder, going to look at ideas, etc, etc, etc. The thing is, I don't want to get it wrong. This could be the kitchen I have to live with for the next 20 years!

I think I've made a few decisions though - I'm definitely going for gloss white, with a few accent doors in 'aubergine'. Curves here and there and a wider breakfast bar-type thing. the big question is, what type of surface shall I have? I've looked at granite, quartz, solid surface, Corian, well, the list goes on and on. Like I said, it's going to have to last, so I want something that will continue to look good. The granite and quartz are nice, but a bit 'cold'. I like the idea of a clean and seamless kitchen, so solid surface and Corian fit the bill, and although they're 'sturdy', they soften it slightly by having that warm feel, but are on the pricey side.

I've heard differing reports about Corian - there seems to be a love / hate relationship there, but I think I would be on the love side. At least I hope I will, as that's the stuff I've asked the builder to investigate for me! Will keep you posted...any comments re. Corian and I'd be pleased to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,
Would love to hear your thoughts and ideas!
Merlotti x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.